Based on the first Carl Jung’s theories, the MBTI (Myers-Briggs Type Indicator) is a personality test. The Myers-Briggs Personality Test groups people into sixteen distinct personality types.
Four main preferences determine these types: sensing or intuition, extraversion or introversion, thinking or feeling, and judging or perceiving.
Remember, MBTI assessments or the MBTI itself aren’t the final say on someone’s personality type. As it’s on the process of its scientific validity, many find it helpful for understanding themselves and many others persons.
People can create and develop themselves inside their character type by acquiring mindfulness and dealing with their weaknesses.
Jeffrey Preston Jorgensen
Current net worth Forbes $112Billion
Jeff Bezos is currently 54 according to his birthdate January 12, 1964
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Owns residential properties in five different locations –
- Two homes in Medina, Washington
- A former textile museum turned residence in Kalorama, North West Washington, D.C.
- Two adjoining homes in Beverly Hills, California
- A 30,000-acre ranch house in Cotulla, Texas
- Three condos in Century building at 25 Central Park West in Manhattan, NYC
Jeff studied for 2 years at River Oaks Elementary School in Houston, Texas.
Jeff continued his high school education at Miami Palmetto High School after his parents relocated to Florida.
While still in school, he was selected to be a part of the Student Science Training Program at the University of Florida and received the Silver Knight Award.
He was the high school valedictorian during the graduation ceremony in 1982 and also a National Merit Scholar.
In 1986, Jeff graduated from Princeton University with a Bachelor s degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science with a GPA score of 4.2.
At Princeton, Jeff earned the exclusive membership of Phi Beta Kappa, the oldest honor society that promotes liberal arts and sciences. He was also elected to Tau Beta Pi, the oldest engineering honor society. Additionally, he served as the President of the Princeton branch of Students for the Exploration and Development of Space (SEDS).
Upon graduating, Jeff was offered employment with Intel, Bell Labs, and Anderson Consulting. He turned down all those jobs to work with a start-up company called Fitel and was their 11th employee.
Technology Entrepreneur, Investor / Venture Capitalist, Philanthropist
- Father Ted John Jorgensen (Road Runner Bike Shop Owner; Expired March 2015)
- Mother Jacklyn Bezos née Gise aka Jackie (President, Bezos Family Foundation)
- Siblings Mark Bezos (5 Years Younger Half-Brother, Brand Experience Advisor), Christina Bezos Poore (6 Years Younger Half-Sister, Director at Bezos Family Foundation)
- Others –
- Miguel Bezos aka Mike (Step-Father) (Former Employee with Exxon Mobil Petroleum Engineer & Mathematician, now Co-Founder & Vice-President at Bezos Family Foundation)
- Lisa Bezos (Sister-in-law) (Self Employed ADHD Coach & Consultant)
- Stephen aka Steve Poore (Brother-in-law)
- Lawrence Preston Gise (Maternal Grandfather) (Former Regional Director of US Atomic Energy Commission)
- Mattie Louise Gise née Strait (Maternal Grandmother)
- George Harvey Strait (Distant Cousin through maternal grandmother) (Famous Country Singer, also known as ‘King of Country)
5 ft 7.5 in or 171.5 cm
70 kg or 154 lbs
Girlfriend / Spouse
- Ursula Werner aka Uschi (1981–1982) Ursula was Jeff s high school girlfriend and a fellow bright student who collaborated with him to organize a ten-day summer course for 10-year-olds right after their graduation in 1982. Jeff named and advertised the course as the DREAM Institute, short for, Directed Reasoning Methods. In Jeff s bedroom, Ursula assisted his students in reading and studying classic books like David Copperfield, Gulliver s Travels and The Lord of the Rings, taught practical skills like operating a camera and discussed serious issues such as black holes in outer space, electric currents, and nuclear arms limitation talks. The couple broke up after Ursula enrolled in Duke University, North Carolina and Jeff went to study at Princeton University, New Jersey to become a theoretical physicist.
- Mackenzie S. Bezos née Tuttle (1992–Present) Mackenzie was hired as a research associate at D.E Shaw, a hedge fund firm based in New York City right after she finished her college education with the highest honors from Princeton University in 1992. Jeff was serving as the Vice-President of that firm and his office was right next to hers. He was also the first person from his firm to interview her. One day Mackenzie asked Jeff out for lunch. Three months later they were engaged. 6 months later they were married. From 1994 to 1999 when Jeff was investing all his time and energy during the early stages of getting Amazon up and running, the couple lived in a one-bedroom rented apartment in Seattle. Mackenzie worked as an accountant at Amazon and was one of the company s earliest employees. Thereafter, Mackenzie became an award-winning novelist. She formerly studied under Pulitzer winner, Toni Morrison. Her first novel, The Testing of Luther Albright (2005) took 10 years to complete for which she won the American Book Award and Outstanding Literary Award in 2006. Mackenzie is also the founder of an anti-bullying organization called the Bystander Revolution. Together, the couple has 4 sons and 1 daughter, adopted from China.
Race / Ethnicity
His biological father was from Chicago, Illinois and has the last name of Scandinavian origin while all his maternal relatives were early settlers in Texas.
He possibly has Danish, German, English, Irish, and Swedish ancestry.
Dark Brown (Lost almost all his hair before middle age)
- Cleft Chin
- Asymmetrical eyes
- Has a signature style of laughing, which was also one of his features that his wife was attracted to when she started working in the space adjoining his office in 1992.
Unofficially performs brand ambassador duties for Amazon, his first company.
His religious beliefs are not confirmed. However, he was possibly raised in a Christian family.
Best Known For
Being the founder, chairman, and chief executive officer of Amazon the company is globally recognized as the world s largest online shopping retailer.
Jeff was cast as a Starfleet Official in Star Trek: Beyond (2016) which is Jeff s first theatrical film appearance.
First TV Show
Jeff appeared for an interview on the news talk show Charlie Rose in April 1999.
- By his own confession, Jeff revealed that his natural physical disposition was always to look as thin as a rail and up till the 1990s, he usually ate whatever tasted good to him.
- In 2013, journalist Brad Stone, the author of The Everything Store: Jeff Bezos and the age of Amazon (2013) shared that Jeff started allotting daily dedicated hours towards building strength and conditioning in the gym since 2010 because he was training his body to tour outer space someday.
- It was not until in July 2017 when a picture of Jeff at the Sun Valley invite-only conference in Idaho went viral that people realized how muscular he had become that sparked comparison to action movie stars such as Vin Diesel.
- Jeff is very particular about getting 8 hours of sleep every night and does not believe in the use of alarm clocks. He prefers to wake up naturally at the end of his sleep cycle between 7-8 am.
- He starts his day with a healthy breakfast, never schedules meetings in the morning or uses his cell phone at the dining table.
- Jeff also has an inclination towards unusual exotic foods and likes to have meals from food trucks.